Thursday 3 April 2014

Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park


I was recently commissioned by the good folks at Premm Design again, whom I worked with on three years of successful BBC Proms illustrations, to create an illustration for the opening of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford this coming Saturday April 5th. To get a feel for the park I donned a hard hat for a site visit during construction and took a load of research snaps before tackling the brief. The illustration had to convey a sense of the iconic architecture, public spaces, waterways and array of activities available in a simple and effective way all rendered in the eye-catching brand colours. The image had to work for various for print formats, landscape and portrait, and I also animated the illustration for some short moving ads that can be seen at Westfield and on those tubes of London. You can also see more on the site here. Now I just need to go and have a little lie down in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment