Friday 6 December 2013

I Didn't Mean To Call You A Meatloaf Jack!

This year's Serco Prize for Illustration had the largely open theme of London stories from any source, fiction or non-fiction. I had to go with my gut and choose a classic London set film and personal, childhood-traumatising favourite, An American Werewolf In London (1981). It also happens to feature a couple of gory set-pieces based around London Transport so that seemed to fit the bill. Appropriately enough, in the same week I designed the poster we had a special studio double-bill screening of An American Werewolf In London and They Live! projected on a photographic studio infinity wall to eerie effect (photo: Alex Dobbin). You can see my other entries for the Serco Prize over the years on my site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment